Wednesday 8 September 2010

Is Shane Warne yanking my bat chain puller?

I've been trying to keep this silliness to myself but it just had to burst out sometime. I've spent so long this year looking for material about leg-spin bowling, reading articles, books, forums, watching videos on YouTube, and so on, and inevitably Shane Warne comes up virtually all the time.

Now of course I was aware of Shane Warne before this year, being reminded of him mainly when the Ashes came round every couple of years. However, such has been my overexposure to him this year, I may have gone a little dotty. Now whenever I see his face I keep thinking the same thing:

"He doesn't half look a lot like Captain Beefheart..."


For those of you unfamiliar with the Captain, he was a rather splendidly bonkers musician from the late 60s and 70s whose music sounded so weird you didn't know if he was an avant-guard genius or should be confined to a mental institution.

Anyway, I suppose it won't be too long before IPL 2011 starts up so we can once again see the Old Fart at Play...

No comments:

Post a Comment