Tuesday 14 September 2010

Two down, one to go!

The latest addition to my rapidly-growing collection of cricket books came through the letterbox this morning, a copy of C.V. Grimmett's "Grimmett on Cricket". I haven't had much chance to flick through it yet but on the face of it it would seem to be a more thorough and all-encompassing version of "Getting Wickets". The book's in very good condition and I'm amazed I only paid £20 for it, maybe the seller was a proselytising leg-spinner (is there another kind?). Now I'm just missing "Tricking the Batsman" from the holy trinity. I did see one copy for sale, but then I saw the price - £250. I don't think I want it quite that badly just yet...

While I've mentioned Grimmett a little update on my slowly gestating flipper. From the discussion at the BigCricket forum about the exercises required to prepare one's forearm and fingers so that they have the requisite strength, I'm given to wonder whether with my tiny forearm and feeble fingers I'll ever be able to get to that level. It may be that the flipper's beyond me, but I'll keep working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment