Friday 4 May 2012

Back on the physio's table

I'm sure it will surprise no-one to learn that my match last weekend was called off well in advance due to the rain, as in point of fact the ground we were due to play on was actually flooded. This has given me a little more time to work on my bowling, or at least it would have if it wasn't for the very sudden and unprovoked onset of a massive pain in the left side of my neck. As such I wasn't able to do any bowling on Monday, which was unbelievably frustrating as the appearance of a strange bright orb in the sky, which I seem to vaguely remember is more properly called "the Sun", made it the best day for bowling in a month or so. It was so frustrating to have to let such a perfect day go to waste.

So on Wednesday morning back I went to Bluebell, my physio, where once again Nicki knew exactly which bits to press to make me grimace. I don't want to make it sound like torture because she's very good, but it does feel like with a deft little press of her thumb here or there I would pretty quickly fold under questioning. My neck seems to be responding reasonably well, but I'm not feeling 100% yet so this weekend's match against Porthill could be tricky - not only am I out of practise, I'm also a little hampered, which is far from ideal for my first match bowling of the season.

2 comments:

Someblokecalleddave said...

Bowling the Wrong Un?

Pencil Cricket said...

I suppose it's possible, although you'd think that'd tend to mess up the right side rather than the left. Bloody annoying thing is I still haven't bowled even one ACTUAL wrong 'un...

Post a Comment