Wednesday 4 August 2010

A long layoff

So, it's been a while... In fact I'm afraid to say it's a full two months since I last played. The reason for this? Well, it's complicated.

What stopped me playing to begin with was that my girlfriend and I had a rough time in June, which was pretty much entirely my fault, and since we usually only get to see each other at weekends I had to get it sorted out which meant I was never around on Saturdays to play. Then in July she had a very busy and very important time work-wise and I wanted to be as helpful as possible so that again meant being away at the weekends to lighten her load, and hence no cricket. That's not by any means a complaint, but for the purposes of this blog this is why I haven't been playing.

Anyway, I am available this week so I'll just have to wait and see if I'm selected to play. We're playing Ashcombe Park who are currently top of the league, and since my last match it seems the 4ths have only won one game in my absence. Just sayin'...

Seriously though, I've hardly done any practise since my last match, and it does concern me that I'll probably have gone backwards while everyone else in the league will by now have worked themselves into a fair bit of form. The 4ths only have five matches left this season, and I'll probably be lucky if I get to play in three of those, which is a bit of a shame. All I can do is play and see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment